Location: Miami, Florida
Responsible for the delivery of orthodontic care at NCHS. Provision of care includes assessment and treatment of congenital and acquired cleft and craniofacial anomalies, dental and facial trauma, and general orthodontics from newborn to young adulthood in outpatient, inpatient, and operating room settings. Supports scholarly activities including research and grant procurement and management. Participates in the development and implementation of goals for the Department of Pediatric Dentistry.
Job Specific Duties
- Leads the provision of orthodontic care and supervises clinical personnel involved in patient care.
- Supports the provision of care by members of the craniofacial team.
- Ensures the provision of high quality orthodontic services.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Postgraduate certification: Orthodontics Certificate / Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics or Board Eligibility
- Craniofacial Orthodontics Fellowship
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to provide expert orthodontic care.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients and co-workers.
- Effectively monitor and develop the abilities of subordinates.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to use complex mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
Primary Location :
DENTAL ORTHODONTIST CLINIC-2100-687002