Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) - Vascular Interventional Radiology (VIR)
PT - Day/Evening - 8, 10 or 12-Hours Shifts Available, Weekends, and Call Requirements
Shift Hours: 7am - 5:30pm, 11am - 7:30pm or 7am - 7:30pm
We are currently hiring for a full-time experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to work on the Vascular Interventional Radiology Unit within Heart & Vascular Interventional Services at ChristianaCare. RN will work at both the Newark and Wilmington locations.
Our VIR team allows ChristianaCare to meet the comprehensive stroke center requirements with our work on HVIS stroke codes. In addition, we support trauma services with our interventional capabilities. The RN also supports services at our Wilmington location to allow for continuity of care of those patients as well. The VIR RN job responsibilities are:
- Prep review prior to procedures
- Moderate sedation administration
- Nursing care of outpatients to critical care patients
- Scrub duties to assist the physician.
- Anesthesia support as applicable
- Monitoring hemodynamics and documentation
Vascular Interventional Radiology performed over 5,000 last year. We perform cutting edge procedures that cater to a wide variety of populations. Our patient populations range from elective to intensive. We work closely with multiple specialties, including Vascular Services, Vascular Surgery, Neurology and Nephrology.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash-out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education and Requirements:
- BSN required; or commitment to obtaining within three years of date of hire.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- At least two years of experience in Critical Care required.
- Moderate sedation experience preferred.
The successful candidate may be eligible for sign on bonus.