Join Guthrie's inpatient Pediatrics team in Sayre, PA!
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Kerry Hitchcock, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. email@example.com or call at 607.725.8308 (cell).
Highlights of the Position
- Coordinate medical management of newborns at the First Impressions Birthing Center as part of a multidisciplinary team, including family medicine residents and providers, OB/GYN providers, anesthesia providers, and nursing staff. This is most of the clinical work of pediatrics at Robert Packer Hospital (RPH).
- Manage inpatients on the pediatric service at RPH from admission to discharge in collaboration with family medicine residents
- Provide Emergency Room consults for children in collaboration with family medicine residents when needed.
- Provide pediatric consults on surgical services and medical specialty services patients when needed.
- Partner with nursing staff leadership and nurse educators to promote ongoing training to support competencies needed for the management of newborn and pediatric patients at RPH.
- Work within a team of 4 dedicated Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and collaborate with Guthrie Pediatricians
- Ongoing professional and clinical training available
- Part of a physician led multi-specialty group practice with a fully integrated inpatient/outpatient EHR
- Robust EHR used in all areas (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) preferred, but Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP) will be considered
- Experience in a primary care or pediatrics setting preferred, new grads will be considered
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Above industry average salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie retirement savings plan (403-B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 7 days with options for home study
- $1,700 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities -The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in the medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Hospital
A 254-bed tertiary care referral center, Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, Pa., is the recipient of numerous national awards for the high quality care it provides to patients. The hospital is a Regional Level II Trauma Center, accredited by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, and is served by Guthrie Air, a regional aeromedical helicopter program. Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including:
- Guthrie Breast Care Center
- Guthrie Cancer Center
- Guthrie Cardiac and Vascular Center
- Guthrie Musculoskeletal Services
- Guthrie Imaging Services
- Guthrie Specialty Eye Care
- Guthrie Surgical Services
- Guthrie Weight Loss Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Medical/surgical and intensive care services
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.