Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular ICU
FT - 12-hour Night Shift (Hours: 7p-7a)
10K Sign-on Bonus!
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for our Cardiovascular ICU high acuity unit.
The RN in CVCCC - ICU will gain diverse and challenging experiences with a cardiac medical and surgical critical care population. Opportunities exist to collaborate with the coronary care multidisciplinary team, which includes cardiologists and medical residents, as well as the cardiac surgery multidisciplinary team, inclusive of attending surgeons and PA's. The CVCCC RN will participate in daily multidisciplinary patient-focused rounds, will gain extensive experience caring for extremely high acuity cardiac patients, titrating multiple vasoactive medications, invasive hemodynamic monitoring, ventilators and rapid weaning, intra-aortic balloon pumps, CRRT, and ventricular assist devices.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BSN required or commitment to obtaining BSN within three years of date of hire
- Must have experience caring for high-acuity patients
- At least two years of stepdown experience required
- Previous critical care experience preferred
- BLS required
- ACLS and cardiac dysrhythmia proficiency required
- Delaware RN licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Delaware
The successful candidate may be eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus to be paid over a period of 12 months.