Location: Newark, Delaware
Director of Clinical Operations - Procedural Labs
FT Day/Evening Shift
Christiana Care Health System is currently hiring a Director of Clinical Operations for Procedure Labs to oversee the operations of Heart and Vascular Interventional Services (HVIS) which provides procedural care for patients undergoing Cardiac Catheterizations, Vascular Interventional Radiology, and Electrophysiology procedures.
We complete more than 10,000 interventional procedures annually in 13 procedural labs at Christiana and Wilmington campuses and Observation care in 2 Cardiology units. Contributes to the strategic planning process for Heart and Vascular Interventional Services, contributing to and supporting the hospitals' strategic plan, including developing and implementing short-term and long-term strategic plans for Heart and Vascular Services. Assumes 24/7 responsibility for operations providing efficient, effective, and safe care with a strong focus on quality, outcomes, and patient and medical staff satisfaction.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic healthcare organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible, and lowering healthcare costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care, and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the Best Hospital. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BSN required.
- Master's Degree required; MSN preferred.
- Board Certification in nursing specialty required.
- Board Certification in Advance Nurse Executive within three (3) years of hire
- Five (5) years recent and progressive managerial experience in a clinical setting
- Lean Six Sigma experience required; certification preferred.
- Participation in professional nursing activities
Current RN licensure in State of Delaware; BLS certification
Occasional to frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, handling, reaching, twisting, sitting, walking, standing, stooping, bending, fingering, manipulation, feeling, and bi-manual dexterity as described in Physical Demands Checklist
Generally pleasant working conditions. Some travel between campuses required. Potential for exposure to infection diseases, blood-borne pathogens, body fluids, and excrement.