Full-time position on PCU
Location: Advent Health Waterman - 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares Fl 32778
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits & Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus to eligibel candidates
- $3,000 Relocation Bonus
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time 7:00am – 7:00pm
The community you’ll be caring for: Tavares is located in beautiful Lake County, home to more than 1,000 lakes and rivers. It is known as America’s Seaplane City since seaplanes can be spotted flying over the water every day. The unique terrain is made up of rolling green hills and incredible views across the water, with preserves, state parks, wildlife and national forests nearly everywhere you turn. Downtown visitors will find an entertainment district that has an international assortment of restaurants, art galleries, shops, and music venues. There’s always something fun to do in Lake County, from festivals to roadside farm stands, but if you’re looking for something more, Orlando is just a short drive away.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Nurse uses nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost-effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designee.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include:initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.