All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Days and Nights
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Deland
Location Address: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland Florida 32720
The role you’ll contribute:
To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established structure standards, process standards and protocols, under the supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager(s), Director of Inpatient Nursing, Director of Emergency Services and Behavioral Health, Director of Birth Care Center and Women’s Health and the Chief Nursing Officer.
The Registered Nurse will ensure the delivery of safe and effective patient care as defined by the Florida Hospital East Region standards of nursing care, and is consistent with the therapies of other disciplines.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
RINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Partner remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
· Formulates, implements and evaluates an age appropriate individualized plan of care for each patient based on identified needs/problems in collaboration with the patient/significant others.
· Monitors the Electronic Medical Record for new physician orders and diagnostic results.
· Provides all aspects of therapeutic nursing care based on established standards. Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patient served:
· Physically assess each patient and identifies needs/problems within the time frame established in nursing standards and protocols specific to each department.
· Established and prioritizes patient care based on nursing assessment and patient/family needs in collaboration with the healthcare team.
· Directs and implements a plan of care for all patients based on the medical and nursing diagnoses identified during the initial assessment and ongoing assessment.
· Implements and documents nursing actions that promote the maintenance, restoration or rehabilitation of the patients psycho-social and biophysical well-being.
· Identifies, directs and implements discharge planning needs.
· Identifies and documents patient/family educational needs.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care and makes revisions on an on-going basis.
· Assures the implementation of the prescribed medical regimen, including but not limited to:
o Administration of all IV’s and blood and blood products in accordance with established nursing standards and protocols.
o Administration of all medications in accordance with established nursing standards and protocols.
o Performance of treatments and procedures without deviation from established nursing standards and protocols.
o Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the scope of practice as appropriate to the ages of the patients served:
o Implementation of physicians’ orders on all patients.
· Assures the accurate processing of physicians’ orders.
· Assures the documentation of the patient’s response to the medical and nursing plan of care in all areas of the medical record in compliance with established nursing standards and protocols.
· Ensures that documentation is concise and completed prior to the end of the shift.
· Corrects errors in documentation according to established nursing policy.
· Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care as defined by and provided throughout the hospital.
· Prescribes patient care activities to accomplish the medical and nursing plan of care.
· Delegates aspects of patient care to appropriate nursing staff based on staff qualifications and competence in accordance with state regulations.
· Coordinates nursing care in conjunction with therapies directed by other disciplines.
· Establishes priorities for treatment and care.
· Assures all aspects of direct patient care are met to include but not limited to: personal hygiene, answering call lights, transporting, etc.
· Provides for a safe and supportive environment for all patients, families and co-workers.
· Identifies and monitors all patients and implements preventative measures according to established nursing standards and protocols.
· Reports all abnormal test results, significant changes in vital signs and symptoms to the physician within established timeframes.
· Follows all infection control policies and procedures without exception.
· Operates equipment in accordance with established hospital standards to avoid physical injury or damage to equipment.
· Verifies safety of all equipment prior to utilization by verifying preventative maintenance sticker in place.
· Removes unsafe and/or dysfunctional equipment from use and initiates appropriate repair process.
· Assures the availability of emergency equipment and pharmaceuticals.
· Checks and replenishes crash cart supplies and other emergency equipment according to established nursing standards and protocols.
· Performs in professional manner during crisis or emergency situation.
· Reports observed deviations from established nursing standards and protocols or the Nurse Practice Act to the immediate supervisor in a confidential manner.
· Protects the rights of all patients.
· Contributes to the monitoring of the quality and appropriateness of patient care delivered.
· Completes required Performance Improvement documentation in a timely manner.
· Reports problems or concerns regarding the quality and appropriateness of patient care delivered to the immediate supervisor.
· Contributes to the fulfillment of the organization’s mission.
· Actively participates in Patient Experience initiatives (i.e.: rounding).
· Demonstrates clear, concise communication about patient care to members of the healthcare team, patient and family.
o Any justified complaints received regarding attitude, conduct and/or performance will be addressed with corrective action.
· Demonstrates the team concept and works in a cooperative manner with all co-workers and supervisory staff.
· Utilizes the appropriate chain of command to resolve conflicts.
· Conduct, attendance and dress conform to organizational standards of performance.
· Constant contact with patients, other employees, physicians, visitors and others.
· Physical resources used on the job can be of moderate value. With proper handling probability of loss is small. Regularly works with confidential information. Must be careful with patient related conversations in public spaces. Must protect confidentiality while utilizing the computer. Must leave patient charts, paperwork and test results properly secured (not exposing confidential information).
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year nursing experience is preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active Florida RN license is required
· Basic Life Support training to be obtained prior to hire date.
· ACLS is required for the following areas: Emergency Department, Critical Care (ICU & PCU), Labor and Delivery, 4th floor Cardiac Telemetry and Medical Surgical Charge Nurses only for 2A and 2B.
· PALS is required for the following areas: Emergency Department, ICU Charge Nurses and select staff in the BCC who take Pediatric call.
·NRP is required for the following areas: Labor and Delivery and BCC.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.