Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The Critical Care PA or NP provides medical care services to the inpatient, MICU, and SICU population including admission, inpatient care coordination, and discharge. The incumbent of this position collaborates with various medical disciplines across the organization partnering with a team of caregivers who are experts in different specialties.
* Competitive Compensation (Guaranteed Base, Performance and
* Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
* 403(b) retirement with annual matching program
* Yearly CME and travel allowances
* Professional liability insurance, tail coverage included
* PTO (based on tenure with MWHC)
*36 bed MICU + SICU.
*Opportunity to work with experienced intensivists.
*Strengthen your ICU procedural skills.
*Work with high acuity patients.
*Trauma Surgeons handle their own patients.
*EMR - EPIC
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Admits patients to Medical or Surgical ICU
* Performs common ICU level procedures.
* Completes History and Physical Exams, orders laboratory tests, and orders radiographic examinations as appropriate for patient care.
* Orders treatments and medications as indicated by patient conditions.
* Responds to CODE BLUE and acute emergencies as required in the ICU.
* Answers calls from nursing staff concerning patients requiring medical attention. * Arranges and conducts family meetings where appropriate.
* Consults additional specialty physicians when indicated by patient condition and clinical practice guidelines.
* Practices evidence-based medicine utilizes standardized protocols and order sets, and coordinates with care management and nursing staff to achieve the most appropriate length of stay.
* Prepares medical records and patient progress notes in a timely and accurate fashion, in compliance with applicable facility and governmental guidelines.
* Prepares and enters appropriate diagnostic and billing codes into facility-designated system within 24 hours of provision of services
. * Actively participates in patient satisfaction, utilization management, and other quality improvement activities of employer and/or when required by third-party payers.
* Participates in employer orientation, compliance, and mandatory training and education programs.
* Complies with applicable Rules and Regulations of facility and abides by all requirements of facility's Medical Staff Bylaws.
* Performs all services, acts, and duties connected with the position in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Graduate of Accredited PA or NP Program.
- PA or NP experience preferred. Will consider New Graduates that have inpatient hospital experience (ICU, Surgical related setting).
- Valid PA or NP License (State of Virginia)
- Active DEA License required.
- AHA, ACLS BLS certification required.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.