Location: Newark, Delaware
ChristianaCare is currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for our Caregiver Health Center in Newark, DE. Some occasional travel to provide coverage at other ChristianaCare campuses will be necessary.
In this role, you will be one of a team of three Registered Nurses working in collaboration with our Human Resources Department to provide care for our amazing ChristianaCare staff.
Monday - Friday, 7:30AM-4:00PM
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge & skills necessary to provide care appropriate to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients virtually or on-site within the practice, including knowledge of growth development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and provide care needed
- Participates in a relationship-based care approach to care delivery
- Performs Nurse Visits such as Annual Wellness Visits, Advance Care Planning and Transitional Care Management calls and disease management
- Performs point of care tests, EKG's and other tests as directed by clinicians
- Triages walk-in patients and ensures appropriate disposition
- Answers and responds to telephone messages under the direction of the provider
- Assists providers in examinations or procedures
- Functions as a liaison between patients, physicians and staff to provide accurate communication
- Collaborates with team members to provide a smooth, organized and efficient flow of patients
- Responds to patient crises situations
- Assures adequate coverage within unit when needed
- Provides patient education and wellness counseling
- Performs medication history
- Supports the work of MA
- Assists with staff education and evaluation of clinical competencies for new and existing employees.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel to ensure that they are properly trained to support patient and provider.
- Performs chart audits or has designee assist with chart audits.
- Randomly shadows clinical support staff to ensure appropriate care is provided.
- Supports the site by acting as the liaison for JCAHO, POCT, Tracer monitor for Safe Practice Behavior Monitoring (SPBM) tools & JCAHO Tracers
- Administers medications, monitors vital signs, and performs routine treatments and procedures prescribed by the physician when needed.
- Keeps current with policies and procedures and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Participates in special projects.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A graduate of a state approved or National League of Nursing accredited School of Nursing.
- RN license or eligible for licensure in the state of Delaware.
- Two years of experience as a RN, physician office experience preferred.
- BSN preferred; ADN considered with agreement of completion of BSN in 3 years.
- BLS certification required.
Qualified candidates should apply online and attach their current resume to be considered for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
#L1 - CS1