Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Pediatric RN II - Ambulatory (Allergy), Full-Time, to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve; we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
The RN II provides and coordinates nursing care in partnership with the child and family and other community resources that is individualized to meet the child or family's unique needs and situation. The RN II considers individual, cultural, ethnic, and religious values and beliefs in planning and delivering evidence-based care to both individual children and also the disease specific population, by providing pertinent teaching, coordination, continuity of care and consultation with appropriate community resources.
The RN II is responsible for program development and management. As a program manager, the RN II is responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations and administration of the program including running the program, submitting reports, directing staff, training, scheduling, etc. The RN II will manage, coordinate, and participate in a variety of administrative and/or clinical activities related to a specific program or specialty; supervise staff; and develop policies and procedures consistent with program objectives. May need to travel to satellite locations as needed.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Develops and manages operational activities of an assigned program or specialty; makes decisions on specific operating problems and issues instructions in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Plan, develop, and implement goals and objectives of assigned program in conjunction with the appropriate division director and/or department head.
- Evaluate program objectives on a continual basis and implement changes as needed to meet or revise these objectives.
- Plan and conduct meetings with staff to ensure compliance with established practices and keep associates abreast of current standards.
- Develop appropriate training and orientation programs.
- Compile and maintain records, reports, and documentation of program activities to be used for program evaluation.
- Responsible for the care of patients within specific population.
- Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for providing and evaluating nursing care; applies knowledge of growth and development, pathophysiology, and family dynamics in delivery of care.
- Documents all aspects of nursing care delivery appropriately.
- Provide leadership, staff education, and support to division nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals.
- Assist with phone triage, medical refills, patient calls and clinical care as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Three (3) to four (4) years of formal training/education beyond High School).
- BCLS Certification required.
- Current Florida RN License in good standing.
- Minimum of one (1) year to three (3) years of experience required. Minimum two (2) years clinical experience, pediatrics preferred.
- Travel to satellite locations may be required.