Registered Nurse House Supervisor AdventHealth Lake Wales
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Team Based Nursing Model*
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Nights - 7p-7a (every other weekend required)
Location:410 South 11th St. Lake Wales, FL 33853
AdventHealth Lake Wales is a licensed 160-bed hospital, with 24-hour emergency care and outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community and surrounding areas.
As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
Lake Wales, located in Central Florida between Orlando and Tampa, is home to the Historic Bok Tower Gardens and Bird Sanctuary.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Nursing Supervisor is a registered professional nurse who practices autonomously within the framework of hospital policy and procedure, professional nursing standards and Florida State Nurse Practice Act with the global shift responsibility for overseeing safe care to the adult, adolescent, pediatric, and infant patient care and patient related services for an assigned portion of the hospital. The Supervisor supports and models the FH mission, vision, and values as the Supervisor supervises FH employees. The Supervisor adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. The Nursing Supervisor collaborates with the interdisciplinary members of the health care team to enhance patient care planning and patient outcomes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
ROUNDING/COVERAGE: Rounds and assesses patient care units as often as necessary, but at least once per shift, to ascertain the condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and provide on-site support to caregivers. Functions as a patient care expert by advising and directing nursing personnel and appropriately responding in Code Blue situations and other clinical emergencies. Collaborates and communicates with all departments regarding operational issues.
· CAPACITY/STAFFING: Acts as liaison and facilitator for the process of patient movement and bed assignment to the Bed Management department, Emergency Transfer Center (ETC), nursing units and ancillary departments. Promotes cost effective management of staffing, equipment and supplies.
· OFF-SHIFT REPRESENTATIVE: Functions as the Nursing Administration/ Executive Offices representative on the off-shift by authorizing consent or treatment during the admission process and emergency in cases where a defined protocol exists. Serves as arbitrator for personnel grievances and problems referred by the charge RN/ANM/NM and provides documentation to the NM or appropriate person. Functions as initial on-site incident commander for internal/external disasters.
· ASSISTANCE IN EVENTS: Provides direction, assistance and collaborates with hospital leadership in significant events, including response to organizational codes, system downtimes (phone, Electronic Medical Record [EMR], other), critical events and service recovery of an investigation into patient/visitor/physician/staff complaints.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, visitors, staff and leadership. Acts as an effective facilitator of communication for 1) department to department, 2) With physicians 3) With and for administration and 4) For families, patients and staff. Keeps campus leader on call informed of any situations or circumstances that may be unusual or have serious impact on hospital operations.
· PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics. Participates in practice changes, process improvement initiatives and completes all required education by the due date and incorporates changes in practice. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the hospital. Exhibits desire and ability to learn, teach, coach and advance nursing and leadership skills.
· LEAD SUPERVISOR ONLY: Directs and provides supervision of Nursing Supervisors and others as assigned by monitoring performance, education requirements, required work hours, coaching, counseling, discipline and relationships with departments, staff and leadership.
· May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Associate of Science degree in Nursing (ASN) or diploma in Nursing
Minimum of two years staff nurse experience
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training is required within 30 days of employment
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
Completion of courses in leadership, management and/or legal and organizational leadership
Minimum of two years’ leadership experience as an Assistant Nurse Manager and/or Nurse Manager or equivalent (i.e. Charge Nurse, chair Nursing Practice Council, CN3, CN4)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.