Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: NP
Crozer-Keystone Gastroenterology Associates has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join ten Gastroenterologists based primarily at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland, PA.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an NP to work in a variety of fast-paced settings and support a large growing practice offering tertiary level care, and become a well-respected clinician in a growing health network.
The nurse practitioner, in collaboration with their physician partners, will round on patients in the hospital, be responsible for consults and patient follow-up to support this rapidly growing practice. This position will also include outpatient office hours where the nurse practitioner will have the opportunity to build their own panel of patients as they evaluate and treat patients with a wide spectrum of gastrointestinal diseases and disorders.
The minimum of a Master's Degree required. Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner with current licensure and prescriptive authority in Pennsylvania, or current Pennsylvania licensure and certification as a Physician Assistant is required.
GI experience is preferred; candidates should possess excellent communication and problem solving skills, and be able to multitask and work effectively in teams as well as independently.
Advanced and Interventional Endoscopy Clinical Support CRNP
To provide excellent patient care by coordinating expedited processing of referrals, scheduling procedures, addressing basic clinical questions and ensuring patient follow up.
- CRNP with at least 2 years' experience in related health care.
- Prior office experience in procedure related specialty is desirable but not mandatory.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff and other health care professionals.
-Knowledge of gastroenterology diagnoses basic treatment recommendations and health education.
- Must demonstrate understanding and stratification of clinical risk.
-Ability to assess basic concerns from patients, plan and implement appropriate and immediate nursing advise and ensure timely relay of messages to MD for issues that are more complex.
- Knowledge of and able to work with electronic medical record (EMR) system.
-Consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent high standard of nursing care to patients working within program/office policies and expectations.
- Address all patient call directly and respond to messages in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure patient charts are adequately prepared with concerns of major illnesses and medications highlighted.
- Coordinate work with the medical assistant (MA) for chart prep, procedure scheduling and changes, post procedure follow up for all patients, coordinating subsequent referrals directly,
and coordination and communication with endoscopy nursing staff.
- Maintain personal contact with patients and next of kin with sensitivity to their needs for expedited evaluation with courtesy, dignity and privacy.
- Work with minimal supervision and contribute to local resolution, investigation and follow up of any informal or formal patient relates issues or complaints.
- Develop competence in completing patient letters related to results and pathology after MD review and other specific instructions.
Interested candidates please contact Nora Yosry, Physician Recruiter at Nora.Yosry@crozer.org or by phone at (732)691-5818 .
We look forward to hearing from you!
CROZER HEALTH SYSTEM
Crozer Health System is a four-hospital health system based in Delaware County, Pennsylvania serving Delaware County, northern Delaware and parts of western New Jersey. These facilities house a Level 2 trauma center, a regional burn center, three regional cancer centers, and a kidney transplant center. It also includes a network of outpatient centers, urgent care centers and a sports club. Crozer Health System is committed to the improved health status of those we serve. Through a seamless, user-friendly continuum of quality health services including primary, acute and long-term care, through rehabilitation and restorative care, Crozer deploys its resources in a cost-effective and community-responsive manner. Working with our community, we promote a place to live, work and enjoy our families.
CROZER HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP
Within our health system is the health network which is the largest primary care and specialty physician network in Delaware County. With over 300 physicians who practice in locations throughout the county, CHMG offers an array of specialty and subspecialty services, including family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology, reproductive endocrinology, sports medicine and multiple surgical subspecialties.
THE CROZER HEALTH VISION:
Commits to its academic mission to educate both current and future clinicians and caregivers;
Explores and implements new technologies for delivering care;
Builds partnerships within our community to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those we serve;
Creates an environment where each employee, physician, volunteer and board member uses their skills, creativity and learning to promote the health and well-being of our patients, their families and communities;
Accepts responsibility for being the steward of community health resources now and for future generations.