Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
Promotes and influences patient outcomes through the clinical role
Participates in management activities through work with staff and representation of NICU and maternal child health interests at hospital and tenet activities.
Provides comprehensive educational opportunities on NICU related topics for hospital staff and Tenet sponsored courses.
Actively promotes the use of nursing research and participates in appropriate research studies.
Actively pursues personal advancement of clinical skills and professional growth.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides ongoing comprehensive staff development program.
2. Coordinates the orientation/preceptorship of new employees.
3. Performs and supports current cost-effective nursing practice.
4. Is accessible to nursing staff to address clinical problems and facilitate effective problem solving.
5. Provides direct patient care, assists with procedures, and responds to emergencies as needed.
6. Encourages critical thinking and decision making.
7. Annually reviews and revises identified clinical competencies, reviews staff performance of identified competencies.
8. Assists staff in learning and making changes in clinical practices.
9. Oversees the Primary Nurse care delivery system in the NICU.
10. Weekly reviews the discharge plan with the primary nurse.
11. Assists parents in communicating their needs to the staff and MDâ��s.
12. Assists staff in planning complicated discharges.
13. Interacts with all members of the multidisciplinary team in the planning and delivery of care to the neonate.
Knowledge necessary to obtain R.N. license in the state of California and current California R.N. license.
Current American Heart Association BLS and NRP certification.
M.S.N, with Clinical Nurse Specialty.
Minimum of five years acute hospital experience in NICU preferred.
Job: Educators/Specialists/Advanced Practice
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005031682
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.